Free Flu Vaccinations for BCBS Members
Flu vaccinations are covered at 100% at at participating locations for all employees covered by out BCBS medical plan. Members can log into their BCBS account (www.bcbstx.com) or call customer service (800-521-2227) to locate a participating location closest to you.
THROUGH BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
Our healthcare provider, Blue Cross Blue Shield, provides telehealth services for any physical or mental health needs.
Members can access these telehealth services through MDLive and won’t pay copays, deductibles, or coinsurance on in-network covered telemedicine or telehealth services. Please note that BCBS is waiving these fees through December 31, 2020. In addition, BCBS has extended its cost-share waiver through October, 23rd 2020 for COVID-19 treatment. COVID-19 testing and testing-related visits are covered at no cost-share for all BCBS plan participants.
How to access MDLive:
- Click here to visit the MDLive website
- Download the MDLive mobile app from your app store
- Call MDLive at (888) 680-8646
JOIN THE NSR GRATITUDE + MINDFULNESS JOURNAL
The NSR Yoga Club shifted its focus to reflect our new virtual environment and has evolved into the NSR Gratitude + Mindfulness Journal.
The club offers continuous discussion about what they’re grateful for, concentrating on breathwork and meditation, and sharing resources related to yoga and mindfulness. This group welcomes everyone, whether you’re new to yoga and meditation, a seasoned yogi, or just looking for a way to de-stress from the workday!
Subscribe to the email@example.com calendar for the official schedule, and if you have questions, join the NSR Gratitude + Mindfulness Journal Glip.
WHAT IS MEDITATION?
HEALTHY WAYS TO MANAGE STRESS
Find a support system.
Having people that you can rely on can be a key factor to your mental health, whether it’s someone to go on a run with or even just someone to speak to.
Adjust your response.
The way we respond to stress can either elevate or deescalate it. Take a few deep breaths to figure out the best way to react.
Develop realistic expectations.
Life can be overwhelming, but you can’t do it all. It’s important to prioritize and really figure out what you can accomplish within a certain amount of time.
Get organized & take charge.
Make an organized list of your tasks and rank them by importance. Then, tackle them one at a time.
Give yourself "me time."
Breaks are important, and you deserve them. Know when it’s time to take a step back and give yourself the attention you need.
RECOGNIZING STRESS SYMPTOMS
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbance
- Increased breakouts
- Increased sweating
- Flushing (face feeling hot)
- Prolonged/frequent headaches
- Susceptibility to mild illness
- Breathlessness/chest pain
- Appetite changes/compulsive eating
- Impatience, carelessness, hyperactivity
- Poor productivity/low energy
- Changes in sleeping pattern
- Increased alcohol, cigarette, or drug use
- Increased absenteeism, aggression, or instability
- Sudden tears
- Loss of sense of humor
- Withdrawal/feelings of isolation
- Low self-esteem
- Feelings of guilt and shame
- Extreme anger (over-reaction)
- Loss of libido
- Overwhelming feelings of panic/anxiety
- Inability to make decisions/muddled thinking
- Reduced coordination/creativity
- Becoming more forgetful
- Negative globalization (everything seems to be going wrong)
- Fear of rejection
- Rushed decision making
- Over-sensitive to criticism
- Negative self-talk
- Feelings of unfairness
LOOKING TO MANAGE STRESS & LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE?
Blue Cross Blue Shield also offers a wellness program called Well onTarget, which gives you a personalized wellness plan and rewards you for your healthy choices. Click below to learn more.